The Historic Lindley-Scott House is open year-round, and has been serving the San Gabriel Valley including Azusa, Duarte, Glendora, Arcadia, Monrovia, Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, San Dimas, La Verne, Pomona, Diamond Bar and surrounding areas with personalized weddings, wedding receptions, Banquet Facilities and Catering since 1978. This Wedding Chapel is located in the city of Azusa close to the San Gabriel Mountains on 4 acres of lush gardens.
The Lindley-Scott House was built in 1911 for Charles Lindley, president of the Foothill Ranch. Later, Mabelle Scott Anderson, owner of the Mabelle Scott Rancho School for Girls, acquired the house. The name of the house was derived from these two owners.
The house and grounds are maintained with an eye to its historic past. Gardens, rockwork, driveways, and house look little changed from that day in 1911 when the contractor finished construction. An original hitching post is located between the Lindley-Scott House and the Carriage House. There is also a small door on the east side of the house where the local ice man could deliver blocks of ice directly into the house’s ice box.
Currently there are two locations for weddings and wedding receptions. The first area is the front lawn with its expanse of lawn and trees. This wedding ceremony area features a very interesting and majestic cypress tree along with a very large California Live Oak. This wedding area is situated in a way that would allow brides to arrive by horse-drawn carriage or antique automobile. The second wedding area is located adjacent to the Carriage House and has a gazebo as its focal point that is hidden from view by hedges.
The estate is comprised of two buildings; The Historic Lindley-Scott House built in 1911 and the Carriage House built in 2003. The Lindley-Scott House is available for the bride and her bridesmaids, for pictures only, when the wedding is performed at the Lindley-Scott House. Inside is located the Victorian-style dressing room, a beautiful grand staircase, and foyer with period antiques furniture. The second building, the Carriage House, is used for sit down receptions. Its architecture matches the Lindley-Scott House and seats 200 guests.